Cost Coach – Savings With a (Bad) Attitude…
OK, glad you found us. If you were searching for money savings ideas, how to save money, etc., Gawd you are lucky you ended up here.
And, a special bonus for all you first-time visitors (yes – this means you) well, it is your lucky day…
22 Seconds To Save Thousands of Dollars
Master, in just 22 seconds (you can’t even pee in 22 seconds), the technique that will save you thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. It will save money with your kids, your spouse, at work and for your personal finances. And it works EVERY time.
Is 22 seconds of your time worth saving thousands of dollars?
And, as a special-wonderful-unique treat – we have the official Cost Coach theme song – recorded just for us.
Many people have discovered “The Secret” in there own special way. Here is how I discovered it. I would be sitting in my office and an employee (insert teen/mother-in-law/whomever here) would ask to come in for a minute. Then, after a bit of brief small talk (“Oh,” they would say, “That tie looks so nice on you. Is it new?”), they would do any one of the following (any/all are red alerts to respond immediately with the phrase below):
- The employee pause, pause, pauses before speaking.
- The employee struggles to find anything else intelligent to say (Umm, note this is also a very normal and typical occurrence).
- The employee take a deep breath and says, “Can I ask a question?” or, worse, they say, “Can I ask a favor?”
You know immediately recognize the telltale signs of the pause, the struggle or the deep breath the employee takes as an economic indicator that they will be asking you to spend your company’s (or worse, your own) money.
So, here is what you do. Let’s practice by singing just the first 22 seconds of this song (Hey! Everybody! Sing along with me!)
Just listen to the first 22 seconds…
Here are those lyrics to the song “Nobody But Me,” by the 60’s group – The Human Beinz.” In 22 seconds you will master this money saving response.
So, whenever there is the pause, the struggle or the deep breath, all you immediately do, before the employee can say anything, is replace that small sliver of silence from the employee, with your firm, fatherly, but forceful statement of, “No.” Then, without pausing say, “Thanks for visiting.” Works for me, and it will work for you.
Read the Cost Coachette version of this “Just Say No!” technique.
Today’s featured “how to save money” posts:
- Free Hulu Plus: Get two free weeks of HuluPlus for your Roku or similar device
- Competitive Intelligence – How To Save Money On Dates & Dating
- Buy Flowers – How To Find The Cheapest Flowers
- Expense Savings – Record Every Purchase (Yes, It Works!)
- Price Comparison at eBay & Amazon – Applying The Hunter-Gatherer Method To Online Shopping
- Market Research – How to Use eBay to Determine if a Product/Idea is Worth Investing In – In 22 Seconds or Less
- Are You An eBay Junkie? – How To Cure Your eBay Addiction
- eBay Shipping Costs – 11 Simple Ways to Lose Money by Over-Charging on eBay Shipping Costs
Ooops. Almost forgot. Here is our disclaimer.
If it is too small to read, don’t worry, I have implanted a hidden, subliminal message. Even though you can’t see it, rest assured that it is a kind and positive message, filled with positive reinforcement and truly reflects the belief I have in you.
As a sneak preview, our cost reducing disclaimer starts out like this.
“First things first, you know, I don’t really care what you think about my site, but my wife, the uppity attorney, well, she does, and so I have to have this thing called a disclaimer. (Umm, just for me having to write this, I am going to add a BIG, BIG section on how to save lotsa’ money on an attorney – you can do like I did, marry one, but that comes with such a steep personal cost… I don’t suggest it.)”
Anyways, click here for the full money saving disclaimer…
If you find this expense reduction site useful, tell your friends at the Better Business Bureau, the GAO (Lordie, Lordie – they could really benefit), your colleagues at CNN and the WSJ and even tell your friends so they can realize just how smart you really are. Thanks 🙂